Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Located among the picturesque canal houses of central Amsterdam, the Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis) pays tribute to the Dutch artist famous for such works as The Night Watch and The Storm on the Sea of Galilee. Today, Rembrandt’s former home is a museum dedicated to his life and works and features a nearly complete collection of his etchings.
The Rembrandt House is a stop on many hop-on hop-off tours of Amsterdam. Visitors can tour the well-preserved home and studio of the painter and printmaker and browse the original etchings, drawing, and paintings where he created them. For a deeper exploration into Rembrandt’s works, book a private tour of the museum, which may also include other Amsterdam sites integral to his life.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Rembrandt House is a must-see for art history buffs.
- Purchase admission tickets ahead of time to avoid long lines.
- To save on museum admissions in Amsterdam, consider booking a city pass for admission and discounts to several Amsterdam-area attractions.
How to Get There
The Rembrandt House is located in the heart of Amsterdam, near Waterlooplein square. Easily reached on foot, the museum is only a 15-minute walk from Amsterdam’s Central Station. You can also take tram line 51, 53, or 54 to the Nieuwmarkt stop.
When to Get There
The Rembrandt House is open daily. It’s a very popular tourist attraction, so visit first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds. Also consider booking admission and tours ahead of time to avoid spending time in lines.
Rembrandt House Paintings
The Rembrandt House displays the artist’s studio and furnishings and many of his etchings and drafts, but none of his famous works. Visitors interested in seeing Rembrandt’s best-known paintings should visit Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum. The Rembrandt House Museum does own a collection of paintings by Rembrandt’s teacher, Pieter Lastman, and by Pre-Rembrandtists, painters working in Amsterdam just prior to Rembrandt’s arrival in 1631.
Address: Jodenbreestraat 4, Amsterdam, Netherlands
50 Tours and Activities to Experience Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis)
Make your visit to Amsterdam is one that your children will remember forever with our special ‘Kids Tour’. Your kids will love every minute as they explore the fun side of Dutch history and culture through a variety of activities, puzzles, and riddles! Our tour takes place in the heart of Amsterdam and is designed to be flexible and enjoyable for children of all ages (parents and grandparents will love it too!). At each stop along the tour, there will be a new and engaging activity for children as they discover more about Dutch culture. Each activity is paired up with a story that will keep the kids and grownups entertained. We’ll explore many exciting sights together, including Amsterdam's highlights – De Waag, Rembrandthuis, Amstel River, the famous canals, and the impressive Dam Square. Our guides will gladly assist you with tips and recommendations for the rest of your stay, including our favorite child-friendly restaurants and attractions (and bars for when the kids are in bed).
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
- Discover Amsterdam's most popular attractions and key landmarks, including Anne Frank's House, Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum - Sophisticated mobile technology turns your smartphone into the ultimate travel companion for the duration of your stay - Tune into the multilingual audio commentary to hear interesting facts, stories and anecdotes for over 90 points of interest - Opt for one of many recommended walking routes or customise your own with personalised pinpoints - Audio guide available in English, Spanish, Italian, French and German
Things to do near Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Hoorn
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Antwerp
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Düsseldorf
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders