Top Akureyri Eco Tours
Saved to wishlist!
8 results | All Akureyri Tours
Go in search of the Northern Lights on a nighttime tour from Akureyri. Travel by 4x4 Jeep outside of town to escape any light pollution, and watch the dark sky for one of Mother Nature’s most spectacular shows. This area of northern Iceland is one of the best places to see the lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, so don’t miss the chance while you’re here. Hot chocolate and an Icelandic doughnut will keep you warm and awake while you wait for the lights to appear.
Iceland’s north coast is one of the best places in Europe to see whales in their natural environment. This 2-hour whale watching cruise from Akureyri is limited to 12 passengers for a personalized experience, and offers the chance to spot humpback whales, mink whales, white-beaked dolphins, and more.
North Iceland boasts many natural wonders, including lava formations, waterfalls, thermal pools, and more. This small-group tour from Akureyi covers the best in a convenient day trip, including an optional swim at Myvatn Nature Baths. Marvel at the waterfalls at Godafoss, Dettifoss, and Selfoss; view Lake Myvatn, hot springs, and the Dimmuborgir lava fields, and then choose to bathe in the naturally heated Myvtan baths. Hotel and airport pickup and drop-off are included.
Spend a day discovering Iceland’s untouched beauty by going on a private super jeep tour. Take the stress out of driving on unfamiliar roads and river crossings by having a driver for the day. You’ll explore Eyjafjörður valley and the incredible views up to the Highlands. A highlight of the day is bathing in the healing waters of Laugafell hot springs and admiring the scenic vistas.
An easy and short tour to Goðafoss, also known as the water of the gods, which played a role in the christening of Iceland. We drive to the waterfall and spend some time there and then we head back to Akureyri, stopping at some good photo points on the wat.
Explore the natural wonders of Northern Iceland on this full-day tour from Akureyri. Enjoy spectacular views of Godafoss waterfall, then visit Lake Myvatn and enjoy free time to soak in the Myvatn Nature Baths (entrance fees not included). Along the way, marvel at natural wonders including the Dimmuborgir Lava formations and Hverir mud pools, visit Grotcaja cave, and see filming sites from hit TV show Game of Thrones.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Coastal Iceland is home to a spectacular range of native wildlife, but to see the best of it you have to take to the waves. With this tour, cruise out into Skjálfandi Bay by traditional wooden oak boat, and watch the waters for dolphins and whales in their natural habitat. Spot colorful puffins and other seabirds with live on-board commentary, and keep warm with a refreshing hot chocolate.
Realize your dreams of watching humpback whales in their natural environment on a 3-hour Original Whale Watching tour from Húsavik, capital of whale watching in Iceland. After selecting a departure time to suit your schedule, climb aboard a traditional Icelandic oak ship and set sail for a prime whale-watching destination on the ocean. With luck, marvel at the majestic mammals as they dive and plunge before your eyes, listening to informative commentary from your guide as you observe.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Eco Tours in Akureyri?
The best Eco Tours in Akureyri according to Viator travelers are:
What Eco Tours in Akureyri are taking additional safety precautions?
These Akureyri experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Eco Tours in Akureyri are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Akureyri may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Extreme Sports
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Bird Watching
- Dolphin Watching
- Eco Tours
- Northern Lights
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Encounters
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Water
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Lofthellir Tours & Tickets
- Lake Mývatn Tours & Tickets
- Godafoss Tours & Tickets
- Akureyri Church (Akureyrarkirkja) Tours & Tickets
- Tjörnes Peninsula Tours & Tickets
- Gjastykki Tours & Tickets
- Dettifoss Tours & Tickets
- Akureyri Botanical Garden (Lystigardur Akureyrar) Tours & Tickets
- Icelandic Aviation Museum Tours & Tickets
- Dalvik Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets